Our Philosophy of Care
We believe that all birthing families deserve stellar, unbiased support throughout your pregnancy, labor, and postpartum time. The foundation of that support is a deep connection with your birth doula--the person who will be with you during your most transformative and unforgettable experience of childbirth. We value that connection, and have created a unique model of care built around that important relationship.
The "East Nashville Doula" difference is: your birth, your vision, your doula.
- Your birth: you call the shots! This is your birth experience, and we will always support your choices 100%. Whether you choose a hospital birth, a home birth, a medicated birth, a birthing center birth, an unmedicated birth, or any version of birth, we will be there for you--cheering you on every step of the way.
- Your vision: we listen to your intentions for your birth. Our job is to provide you with solid, evidence-based resources for everything from birth decisions to newborn care so that you can make the most informed choices for you and your baby. We care about your vision for your birth, and we will support you no matter what path your birth takes.
- Your doula: you want to know who will be with you in labor, that familiar face providing continuous support. And that's exactly what you'll get with your East Nashville Doula! We will match you with your doula based on our initial phone conversation, and you start building your relationship at your first meeting.
We also believe that no laboring person should have to worry about being charged extra for longer labors. It simply makes no sense to us to charge you extra when that is completely out of your control. You never need to worry about any extra fees with East Nashville Doulas. Our package fees are all-inclusive no matter how long we are with you in labor!
Our packages include:
- 1-2 prenatal visits in your home where your doula will discuss your desires for your birth, comfort measures, exercises to prepare you for birth, and a host of other topics. Getting to know you and your partner is the main focus of these meetings as you develop the strong connection that will help your doula to help you in your birth space.
- Assistance with creating your birth vision, if needed. Let your doula help you research the important aspects of your birth so that you know all of the choices available.
- Unlimited phone and email support from the time your contract is signed until 4 weeks following your birth.
- Other resources and referrals as needed. Let us connect you to the best prenatal & postnatal resources in town!
- 24-hour on-call assistance beginning at 38 weeks and continuing until your birth (including phone support during early labor).
- Continuous labor support starting in active labor and continuing until 1-2 hours after your birth. Backups are available, if needed, though we rarely use them.
- Breastfeeding support immediately after your birth.
- One postpartum visit (usually a week or two after your birth) where you & your doula will talk through your birth, provided any resources you need, and answer any follow-up questions.
Our birth doula package fees range from $950-1250, and your investment starts with a retainer fee of 50% on contract signing with the balance due at 36 weeks. The earlier you hire your doula, the more value you receive!