Private Childbirth Education Classes available!
Contact Andrea for a list of topics and availability for private classes.
Rates are $50/hr with a 2-hour minimum.
Classes taught in the privacy of your own home!
Blooma Birth Classes (4-week series)
A complete childbirth education course, The Blooma Birth Class pledges to build confidence and reduce fear by presenting evidence-based information in a fun, interactive setting.
The course is taught by Andrea Hewitt, a Lamaze-certified childbirth educator who is up to date on the trends and policies at local hospitals, birth centers, and for home births. You’ll leave informed, inspired, and ready for birth!
No matter what type of birth you are planning, this class covers everything that you and your partner need to know about giving birth! From the initial moments of wondering “Am I really in labor?!” to those first few days with your newborn, discover what your body is capable of and learn what you can do to support your body’s wisdom.
Build your community with a small group of other parents-to-be as you learn from The Blooma Educators in a supportive, interactive, and fun environment.
WHAT WE’LL COVER
- Evidence-based practices for normal, safe birth
- Commonly suggested interventions & what they’re used for
- Hands-on comfort to support your birthing body
- Medications and pain management techniques
- Making informed choices for your birth
- Navigating the birth process
- How to make the most of your labor support team
- Support for breastfeeding basics and bonding with baby
Build your confidence, reduce your fear, and more deeply connect with your birth partner, your body and your baby.
4 classes. 3 hours/class.
FEES & POLICIES
$275 (includes support person*)
* Support person can include partner, friend, family member or doula.
Classes are held on Monday nights 6:00pm-9:00pm
August 6 - 27, 2018
September 10 - October 1, 2018
November 19 - December 10, 2018